Monday, May 19, 2008

Second Milk Challenge: Failed

Emily tried another milk challenge this past Sunday. During the second service at church she spit up a little, which is very unusual for her. We didn't think too much about it though. Sunday night at dinner, she drank about half a cup of mixed soy and whole milk and ate about half her dinner. Then she started refusing everything. I got her down from the table and about two minutes later everything she had just ate and drank come back up. She has now failed her second milk challenge. She is doing so well on the soy milk so we are just going to stick with that for awhile. It's not so much the milk that I wanted her to be able to tolerate, it's all the dairy foods that I wish she could have. She really has come a long way and is doing great. I am so thankful for how well she is doing. We have a GI appointment tomorrow and I am anxious to see how much weight she has gained. I am confident she hasn't lost any weight this time. I'll try to post another update later in the week.

No comments: