We started Emily's milk challenge this past Saturday. This morning I noticed what I thought was blood in her stool. I called the GI doctor and took a sample by. He tested it and it came back positive for blood. We have discontinued the milk challenge at this time. She is back on Alimentum and table food, still no dairy at all. She still has milk protein intolerance. He said that after we have her one year check-up next month to give him a call. If she is doing well, we will talk about another milk challenge. How much can really change it a month? I mean it's been 11 months since this all started and nothing has changed. I'm very disappointed, but at the same time I know this is just a bump in the road and things could be so much worse. I prayed last night that God would just let me see a sign if she couldn't tolerate the milk. She started sucking her thumb on Sunday, which was very out of character for her so I thought her tummy may be bothering her, but I wasn't sure since I didn't see any of the symptoms that I was supposed to be looking for like blood, diarrhea or vomiting. I thank God that he answered my prayer and that I noticed the blood this morning. It was such a small amount, it was very hard to see and be certain that it was blood. She had another bloody one this afternoon. Hopefully, it will get out of her system within the next couple of days and she'll feel much better. Thank you for your continued prayers for our littlest angel.
Emily has accomplished a new milestone this week. She has finally gained enough confidence to stand alone. She'll only do it for a few seconds, but I'm sure she'll be brave enough to take that first step before we know it.
Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!
1 comment:
I know this has to be tough for your family! God is watching over her!
She is getting so big, she'll be running soon!
Post a Comment